In early 1925, Holy Rosary Parish was established in a remote section of the Bronx. By the end of that summer, the church and rectory were completed and Pastor Reverend James J. Winters turned his attention to building a parish school.
Holy Rosary School opened its doors in September of 1927. At the time the school was located in a prefabricated building containing four classrooms for Kindergarten through Third Grade. Led by four dedicated Presentations Sisters, Holy Rosary School began educating the children of Holy Rosary Parish and the Bronx. By 1930, four more classrooms were added and the school was complete with eight grades. In June of 1932, Holy Rosary School graduated its first eighth-grade class.